Connecticut Construction Litigation
Serving North Haven, CT & the Surrounding Areas
Regardless of the type of project, the form of project delivery or the quality of the project participants, there is always some level of risk with any type of construction project. From office buildings to schools, undertaking a construction project involves multiple challenges for all participants.
If you are involved in a construction project as an owner, contractor, construction manager or supplier, you should engage a responsive, experienced and cost-effective construction attorney. Based in North Haven, CT, Ciulla & Donofrio LLP has decades of construction law, construction mediation, construction arbitration, and business litigation expertise and stands ready to provide you with comprehensive and efficient legal representation no matter how great the challenge or crisis you are facing. Our in-depth knowledge of construction law as well as local municipal laws and ADR tools serves our clients well. In the event of a contract dispute or transaction issue that requires trial, our construction mediation attorney is standing by to help resolve the confrontation without the need for trial. Contact our office today to schedule a consultation with our construction attorney.
Ciulla & Donofrio LLP: The Connecticut Construction Attorneys
Understanding how buildings are built and how the construction industry operates is the foundation for finding practical legal solutions in complex construction disputes, including mediation, arbitration and litigation proceedings. We understand you have no time (or money) to waste, so our construction attorneys make your business their business by providing personalized, responsive and efficient representation.
We are proud to be an AV® Peer Review Rated firm under Martindale-Hubbell’s peer review rating system* and are listed in the Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers in the categories of Commercial Litigation and Construction Law. A Connecticut Super Lawyer™ and selection to Best Lawyers™, Jeff Donofrio leads our construction law practice.
Offering Sophisticated Solutions to Complex Legal Problems
First and foremost, we are a business litigation firm at Ciulla & Donofrio LLP. Our construction attorneys regularly utilize ADR proceedings, such as mediation or arbitration, to efficiently and effectively resolve disputes and claims. We can handle all types of construction litigation matters, including the following:
- Proving and defending the quality of work and defective work claims
- Handling breach of contract claims and all other contract disputes (contested extra work/change order claims, time impact claims and differing site condition claims)
- Prosecuting and defending payment disputes, including mechanics’ liens, payment bond, and related claims
Attorney Jeffrey M. Donofrio has represented clients in complex construction litigation matters in state and federal courts throughout the U.S. Together, the experienced construction mediation attorneys at our firm are ready to represent you in your construction dispute.
Arbitration is a binding dispute resolution process where the parties opt to have an arbitrator, a third party who acts as the fact finder, decide their dispute instead of litigating their dispute in court. Arbitration is different than mediation, in that mediation is a non-binding process in which the parties seek to voluntarily resolve their dispute. Construction arbitration or mediation can be faster and less expensive than litigation. Jeff Donofrio serves as a mediator and arbitrator of construction disputes and commercial law (including contractual) disputes.
If you have a dispute that requires or would be well-served by arbitration, it is crucial to select an arbitrator with significant subject matter expertise. To learn more about Jeff Donofrio’s experience as a construction mediator and arbitrator, contact us.
The Benefits of Construction Mediation
Construction projects often experience challenges and disputes; it’s important from both a business and legal perspective to resolve disputes efficiently. The goal of all stakeholders should be to avoid the time and expense of protracted litigation. Mediation is an effective, crucial tool in achieving resolutions in all types of construction disputes. Construction mediation is a voluntary, non-binding process that brings parties together with a neutral, skilled and experienced mediator to facilitate negotiations. The parties have an opportunity, through mediation, to fashion their own resolution thorough candid, confidential communication and negotiation.
Choosing construction mediation benefits all parties and the project in a number of ways:
- Save Time: Time is incredibly important on all construction projects. Delays in resolving disputes can adversely impact projects, increase costs and damage relationships. Our mediation team will help you mediate at the right time and will expediate resolution if doing so will benefit your interests and the project.
- Save Money: Construction litigation and arbitration are often disproportionately expensive. Mediation provides a vehicle to achieve a reasonable outcome while saving significant funds for all parties involved.
- Customized Solutions: Litigation and arbitration outcomes are determined by third party fact finders. Construction mediation offers the parties an opportunity to creatively design a resolution that preserves the parties’ business relationship. Our mediators understand and appreciate the big picture business issues and approach the mediation with the client’s goals in mind.
- Retain Control: Unlike litigation, construction mediation empowers each party to maintain control over the outcome. Mediation is completely voluntary. Once a resolution is reached, the settlement is immediately memorialized in a written settlement agreement enforceable in accordance with Connecticut law.
- Preserve Relationships: A dispute doesn’t have to mean the end of a working relationship; however, scorched earth litigation often destroys any hope of future business dealings between the parties. The format and structure of construction mediation facilitates resolution and maximizes the opportunity to achieve settlement without damaging your professional relationships.
Contact Our Construction Mediation Attorney Today to Handle Any Current Disputes or Legal Issues
Achieving your business goals requires managing risk and resolving disputes in a cost-effective manner. Building a relationship with an experienced construction attorney should be a priority, regardless of how successful your business has been to date. Turn to the professionals at Ciulla & Donofrio LLP to discuss your needs and receive the necessary and appropriate legal guidance you need in the North Haven, CT area.