Connecticut Construction and Surety Law
North Haven Connecticut Construction Law Lawyers
The attorneys of Ciulla & Donofrio, LLP represent construction managers, general contractors, material suppliers, trade contractors, municipalities, corporate and developer owners, sureties, construction lenders, equipment dealers, and design professionals in a wide variety of construction-related matters.
Our experience representing contractors and building owners, handling construction procurement matters for municipalities, and resolving construction disputes through mediation, negotiation, arbitration and litigation gives us a unique background and depth of knowledge that benefits all of our construction law clients.
Any entity in need of a construction lawyer should require counsel who understands how buildings are built, has extensive experience in dealing with applicable statutory, regulatory and common law, uses a practical approach to problem solving and is dedicated to timely dispute resolution in a cost-effective manner.
— Attorney Jeffrey M. Donofrio
Our broad experience includes commercial and residential construction, public and private projects. For example, with regard to residential construction, we have extensive experience with:
- Reviewing, drafting, negotiating and administering construction contracts;
- Advising clients as to compliance with the Connecticut Home
- Improvement Act and the New Home Construction Contractors Act;
- Assessing and managing the risks associated with construction projects;
- Addressing a wide range of legal issues related to all facets and phases of construction projects;
- Pursuing claims on behalf of homeowners tothe New Home Construction Guarantee Fund and the Home ImprovementGuarantee Fund
- Pursuing and defending breach of warranty and defective work claims.
On the commercial side, our experience is even more extensive and includes:
- Contract drafting, review and negotiation;
- Procurement law;
- Development and evaluation of claims;
- Mediation, arbitration and litigation;
- Mechanic’s Liens, payment bond claims and performance bond claims;
- Collection proceedings;
- Defective work claims;
- Delay, idle equipment, labor productivity, suspension, acceleration, inefficiency and related impact claims.
Attorney Jeffrey M. Donofrio has represented contractors in complex construction litigation in state and federal courts throughout the United States. He has taught a dozen seminars on construction law in Connecticut in the last decade and has written numerous articles on a variety of construction law issues. He has the knowledge and experience needed to effectively handle all types of construction law matters.
Ciulla & Donofrio LLP: Sophisticated Solutions to Complex Legal Problems
Construction costs are on the rise. We understand how to draft documents in ways that minimize the risk to our clients. Because or our extensive litigation experience, we understand and appreciate the risks our clients face.
Although we are a litigation firm, we recognize that aggressive litigation may not be the best business decision for resolving construction disputes due to the time, expense and nature of litigation . We have extensive experience with alternative dispute resolution proceedings, including arbitration, mediation, mini-trials and facilitated negotiations, and will utilize these processes when necessary.
To learn more about our construction law practice, please contact Ciulla & Donofrio, LLP today to schedule a confidential consultation with one of our lawyers.