Connecticut Municipal and Governmental Law
Municipal & Government Law New Haven County Attorneys
Connecticut Municipal Law Lawyers
Bob Ciulla, a co-founder of the firm with Jeffrey Donofrio, built a statewide reputation as a municipal law attorney during his nearly 40-year legal career. From 1979-2006, Bob Ciulla was the town attorney for North Haven, Connecticut. Jeffrey Donofrio began providing legal services to Connecticut municipalities in 1992 and became the North Haven Town Attorney in 2006.
Ciulla & Donofrio LLP: Sophisticated Solutions to Complex Legal Problems
Towns and cities across the state have hired our municipal law attorneys on a regular basis for a wide variety of issues, including:
- Assisting municipalities with a wide variety of construction projects, including school construction and school infrastructure
- Defending real and personal property tax appeals
- Defending zoning appeals
- Zoning enforcement actions
- Building code enforcement actions
- Defending appeals from statements of compensation filed in eminent domain proceedings
- Assisting municipalities in tax collections and other collection matters
- Advising and defending boards and commissions in the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) matters
- Advising and defending boards, commissions and town officials in a wide variety of administrative proceedings and litigation, including the defense of tort claims
Our Expertise Is What You Need for Your Specific Legal Program
We are often engaged by the town attorneys and corporation counsel of municipalities on an “a la carte” basis. In many cases, municipalities request our expertise with regard to a specific legal problem, such as construction projects, tax appeal defense, and zoning appeal defense. We provide cost-effective, highly responsive representation for municipalities and most of our municipal clients are referred to us by our peers — other attorneys.
If your city or town is seeking experienced representation on an on-going basis or for a specific legal challenge, please contact Ciulla & Donofrio, LLP today. Whether you need assistance with land use and zoning or federal tort claims defense, we welcome the opportunity to put our experience and skills to work on your behalf.