What You Need To Know About Commercial Collections
Ciulla & Donofrio, LLP represents creditors in a wide-variety of commercial collection matters. We utilize various debt collection processes and techniques that are determined on a case by case basis after consultation with our clients. All of our attorneys have decades of experience collecting sums owed to our clients.
We understand that collection activity related to current or former customers can be a sensitive endeavor. As such, we often issue a demand letter or reach out to the debtor prior to commencing any litigation. We understand that you may not wish to alienate repeat customers, so our communications are designed to quickly settle outstanding invoices in an amicable and professional manner.
If attempts to reach an amicable and timely resolution are unsuccessful, Ciulla & Donofrio, LLP will aggressively litigate collection matters, utilizing prejudgment remedies and a variety of proven techniques to maximize the likelihood of payment. Once judgment is obtained, Ciulla & Donofrio, LLP engages in a wide array of post-judgment collection activities, including foreclosure of attached property, bank executions, charging orders and examination of judgment debtor proceedings. We have a network of State Marshals in Connecticut that can effectuate service of process, record liens and/or assist in post-judgment collection activities.
For our business clients, we offer a diverse array of collection services that include:
• Skip tracing debtors;
• Preparation of demand letters and notices of default;
• Negotiation of settlement agreements with debtors;
• Negotiation of loan modification agreements with debtors;
• Institution and prosecution of collection actions;
• Prejudgment remedies, including garnishment, attachment and replevin;
• Foreclosure of mortgages and liens;
• Domestication and prosecution of foreign judgments;
• Obtaining deficiency judgments;
• Enforcement of secured claims pursuant to UCC Article 9;
• Collection of judgments; and
• Protection of client’s interests in bankruptcy proceedings.
We know that businesses occasionally hesitate to hire a lawyer for collection matters based upon the assumed high cost of legal work. Above all else, Ciulla & Donofrio, LLP prides itself on being able to provide the specific legal advice and representation warranted in a timely, responsive and cost-effective manner. Because of our experience and efficiency, we provide outstanding legal services in a cost-effective manner. No attorney in our firm has less than nineteen years of litigation experience.